Book Lists - Picture Books for Young Adults
- Anno's Journey by Anno, Mitsumasa. - Records in drawings the author's journey through northern Europe and his impressions of the land, the people at work and play, and their art, architecture, folklore, and fairy tales
- Fly Away Home by Bunting, Eve. - A homeless boy who lives in an airport with his father, moving from terminal to terminal and trying not to be noticed, is given hope when he sees a trapped bird find its freedom.
- Free Fall by Wiesner, David. - A young boy dreams of daring adventures in the company of imaginary creatures inspired by the things surrounding his bed.
- Frog Prince, Continued by Scieszka, Jon. - After the frog turns into a prince, he and the Princess do not live happily ever after and the Prince decides to look for a witch to help him remedy the situation.
- Jumanji by Van Allsburg, Chris. - Left on their own for an afternoon, two bored and restless children find more excitement than they bargained for in a mysterious and mystical jungle adventure board game.
- Polar Express by Van Allsburg, Chris. - A magical train ride on Christmas Eve takes a boy to the North Pole to receive a special gift from Santa Claus. (Caldecott)
- Prince Cinders by Cole, Babette. - A fairy grants a small, skinny prince a change in appearance and the chance to go to the Palace Disco.
- Princess Smartypants by Cole, Babette - Not wishing to marry any of her royal suitors, Princess Smartypants devises difficult tasks at which they all fail, until the multitalented Prince Swashbuckle appears.
- Smoky Night by Bunting, Eve. - When the Los Angeles riots break out in the streets of their neighborhood, a young boy and his mother learn the values of getting along with others no matter what their background or nationality. (Caldecott)
- Sunshine Home by Bunting, Eve. - When he and his parents visit his grandmother in the nursing home where she is recovering from a broken hip, everyone pretends to be happy until Tim helps them express their true feelings.
- Topsy Turvies by Anno, Mitsumasa. - Optical illusions form structures in which curious little men can go up stairs to get to a lower place, hang pictures on the ceiling, and walk on walls.
- True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Scieszka, Jon. - The wolf gives his own outlandish version of what really happened when he tangled with the three little pigs.
- Tuesday by Wiesner, David. - Frogs rise on their lily pads, float through the air, and explore the nearby houses while their inhabitants sleep. (Caldecott)
- Wall by Bunting, Eve. - A Boy and his father come from far away to visit the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington and find the name of the boy's grandfather, who was killed in the conflict.