Book Lists - For Teens, By Teens
- Conquering the Beast Within: How I fought Depression and Won by Irwin Cait - Cait was a mere 13 years old when she penned this book on her successful battle with depression.
- Crazy by Benjamin Lebert - Lebert was 16 when he wrote about a guy shipped off to boarding school because he’s flunking his classes.
- Dave’s Quick ‘N’ Easy Web Pages: An Introductory Guide to Creating Web Pages - by Dave Lindsay Wanting to design your own Web site? Dave Lindsay wrote this how-to when he was just 14.
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank - No list would be complete without mentioning Anne Frank. She was only fourteen when she started her now-famous diary.
- Diary of Latoya Hunter: My First Year in Junior High by LaToya Hunter - 16- year-old LaToya looked back on her middle school years so that she could pen this book about attending middle school in the Bronx.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - Mary Shelley was just 19 when she wrote this famous book about the big guy created from dead body parts…and the legend lives on!
- Home by Kimberly Fuller - Part science fiction and part romance, this book was written when the author was just 16.
- How to Snag Major League Baseballs by Zach Hample - 18-year-old Hample wrote this book about catching major league baseballs. He gives the lowdown on how to snag your own.
- In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes - The author of this book was 14 years old when she wrote this tale of a teenage vampire. Also read Demon in My View, her second vampire novel.
- Katie.com: My Story by Katie Tarbox - Katie was 15 years old when she wrote about what happened when she went to meet a guy she had written to online. Fortunately, she lived to tell about it.
- My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin - Franklin was 16 years old when she wrote this novel about a rebellious girl living in Australia. First published in 1901.
- Outsiders by S. E. Hinton - Written when Hinton was 16, this violent novel tells about a guy named Ponyboy from the wrong side of the tracks.
- Postcards from France by Megan McNeil Libby - 16- year-old Libby wrote this while a foreign exchange student in France.
- Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly - Daly was about 17 when she wrote this novel about a girl planning to go off to college and the pain of leaving a boyfriend behind.
- Within Reach: My Everest Story by Mark Pfetzer - This guy was 17 years old when he wrote about his experiences climbing the highest mountains in the world.
- Zlata’s Diary: A Child’s Life in Sarajevo by Zlata Filipovic - Zlata wrote this diary of her life in war-torn Sarajevo when she was just 13.