Grantmaking Foundations, Charities and Non-Profits
- Better Business Bureau Charity Reports - This site lists the BBB Philanthropic Advisory Service (PAS) reports on charities and other soliciting organizations and determines if they meet 23 voluntary standards on matters such as finances, appeals and governance.
- Charity Navigator - Evaluate a charity at this site before making any donations.
- GuideStar: The Donor's Guide to the Charitable Universe - A database offering information on the programs and finances of more than 620,000 nonprofit organizations, drawn from the IRS form 990, filed by every charity with yearly revenues of over $25,000.
- Council on Foundations - Provides information about research, publications, conferences and workshops. Offers a job bank for employers and job seekers in the field of philanthropy.
- Foundation Center - A searchable gateway to philanthropy on the Web. Includes a Foundation finder for private and community foundations in the U.S.; a directory of grantmaker websites; tax returns (IRS form 990-PF) for all private foundations; an Online Librarian to answer questions; a short course in proposal writing; and Philanthropy News Digest, a weekly journal of philanthropy related news. The Main Library also provides access to the Foundation Directory Online.
- Private Foundation Tax Return Search (form 990PF) - From the Foundation Center.
- Grants.gov - search for federal grants at this site.
- Private Foundations Registered in Kentucky - from the Office of the Attorney General
- Kentucky Grantmakers - from the Foundation Center.
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence - Nonprofit support management organization dedicated to being a resource for the success of the nonprofit sector in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana metro area.
- Idealist - An international directory of nonprofit and volunteering resources on the web.
Last Updated: 04/13/2016