Patent and Trademark Resources
- In March 1988, the Louisville Free Public Library became a U.S. Patent and Trademark Resource Center, part of a network of 81 U.S. libraries having current and retrospective U.S. patent and trademark files and reference resources through the USPTO website as well as other online sites. In this role, the Louisville Free Public Library provides unique access to patents and trademarks records and training opportunities, as well as the opportunity to consult the Patents and Trademarks Librarian in workshops and in one-on-one consultations. For more information,
visit our Patent and Trademark webpage, or call 502-574-1611.
- U. S. Copyright Office
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain - this page helps determine the length of a copyright.
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers - ICANN is responsible for the global coordination of the Internet's system of unique identifiers.
- The Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation - Search the Modern Inventors Documentation Program (MIND) database to locate invention, technology, and science-related collections in archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums in the United States and Canada.
- WIPO Magazine - Explores intellectual property, creativity and innovation in action across the world.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office - Forms, fee schedules and general information about patents are available at this site. Links for foreign patents office websites are also listed.
- United States Patent Searching - This site includes complete text and images for all patents issued by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) since 1790.
- U.S. Trademark Information Page - Forms, fee schedules and general information about trademarks are available at this site.
- U.S. Trademark Combined Mark Searching - Click on "Filing" to search for a trademark.
- Google Patents - best viewed in Google Chrome.
Last Updated: 04/17/2013