- AARP WorkSearch - AARP’s Foundation WorkSearch program aids job-seekers over the age of 50 in finding the right job for their skills.
- RetirementJobs.com - Posts jobs for workers over the age of 50. Also has listings for part-time jobs and resume help.
- SeniorCorps.org - SeniorCorps connects people 55 or over with volunteer organizations, and is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- AARP - AARP is aimed at people 50 or older. It includes information on legislation, travel, and other areas.
- Hospital Comparisons - From Medicare
Medicaid is an insurance program for low-income and needy people. Find more information at this site from the Social Security Administration.
- Medicare information from the Federal Government
- Nursing Home Comparisons - From Medicare
- Social Security Administration
- Social Security Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA)
- FirstGov for Seniors
- Social Security Handbook
- Services Guide for Aging and Disabled Citizens - A Directory of Services for Aging and Disabled Citizens. Includes recognizing signs of elder abuse, how to get help with meals, housing options and other useful information. Must have Adobe Acrobat© to view this.
- Social Services Available from Metro Government - Phone numbers for social services as well as for Senior nutrition services.
- Disabled Citizens’ Services - Resources and Information Included on the site are links to the brochure, extended care services and the Metro Disability Coalition.
Last Updated: 7/23/13