|Official Rules||What You Can Win||Upcoming Events||Pop-Ups|
Books & Brews 502 is LFPL's winter reading program for adults. From December to February, participants will earn points by reading books and attending programs - either at the Library or at Books & Brews 502-specific programs with partners like Heine Brothers' Coffee and Against the Grain Brewery.The more points you have, the more chances you have to win!
Read books and attend approved programs between December 1 and February 28 to earn points and be
eligible for prizes and drawings. Certain prizes may include additional restrictions.* Participants must be 18
years or older to qualify.
Approved programs include:
- Any Louisville Free Public Library adult program or class
- Designated Books & Brews 502 programs hosted by our partners Against the Grain, Heine Brothers’ Coffee, and other local businesses around the city.
- Read 1 book = 50 points
- Attend 1 program or class = 50 points
200 points = Magnet
Accrue 200 points to complete the program and earn a Books & Brews 502 magnet, made in the Maker Pavilion. All completers are entitled to a scoop of ice cream from Ehrler’s and Heine Brother's coupon for a free drink.
500 points = Notebook
Still reading? At 500 points, you will earn a Books & Brews 502 notebook
1000 points = Tumbler
For B&B 502 Superstars - at 1000 points you will earn a Books & Brews 502 tumbler to keep your brews hot or cold!
We will draw for prizes weekly and for special events. The more points you have, the more prizes you can win! Drawing prizes include:
- One-day pass to Abbey Road on the River
- Tour and Tasting for 4 people at Against the Grain
Passes aboard the Belle of Louisville or Mary M. Miller Swag basket from Bulleit Frontier Whiskey
- $30 gift card from Carmichael’s
- $25 gift cards from Heine Brothers
- $120 gift certificate for a class for 4 people at Whet Your Palette
Bourbon themed coasters from Bluegrass Art Passes to Champs Rollerdrome Passes to the Gheens Science Hall & Rauch Planetarium
- Keep Louisville Weird T-shirt, car magnet and bumper sticker from Louisville Independent Business Association
Passes to Louisville Bats Passes to Kentucky Derby Museum $10 gift certificates from Graeter’s
- Case of Elixir Kombucha
Complimentary halotherapy session and a packet of bath salts from Louisville Salt Cave $20 gift certificates to Louisville Tea Co. Fun for Four Pack includes 4 laser tag missions, 4 go-kart races, and 4 rounds of Malibu Golf
- Free teeth whitening kit from Dr. Sydney Mullins, DMD
Tickets to UofL Women’s Basketball
- Cases of Phocus – caffeinated sparkling water
- Two tickets to The Lone Bellow at Headliners on April 5th
- Free scoop of ice cream (cup or cone) from Ehrler’s to EVERYONE who completes the program (earns 200 points)
- Passes to Frazier History Museum - Grand Prize at the Southwest Speakeasy Party on February 29th
- Tuesdays (Bon Air, 6:30 p.m.)
- Wednesdays (Main, 7 p.m.)
- Saturdays (Iroquois, 3 p.m.)
South Central's COLLIDER Maker Lab schedule:
- Mondays 12-4 p.m.
- Tuesdays 4-8 p.m.
- Thursdays 12-5 p.m.
2/17 - The Impact of Ali (St. Matthews, 6 p.m.)
2/17 – Soulful Sounds of Derbytown (Jeffersontown, 6:30 p.m.)
2/18 – Clutter Club (South Central, 6:30 p.m.)
2/19 – Parents’ Book Club (Portland, 1 p.m.)
2/19 – Writing Workshop (Shively, 6:30 p.m.)
2/20 – Women, Race, and Confinement in the Gilded Age Fast Class (Main, 6:30 p.m.)
2/22 – Introduction to the Enneagram (St. Matthews, 10:30 a.m.)
2/22 – Advanced Art Studio (South Central, 11 a.m.)
2/22 - The Epistolary (South Central, 11 a.m.)
2/22 – French Circle (Iroquois, 12:30 p.m.)
2/22 – I Am Ali (Newburg, 2 p.m.)
2/22 – History Hour: George Washington Carver (Shawnee, 2 p.m.)
2/23 – When They See Us (Main, 2 p.m.)
2/24 – 6th Annual African American Read-In (Main, 6:30 p.m.)
2/24 – Black Classical Composers (Portland, 6:30 p.m.)
2/24 – Be Kind Rewind Club (Southwest, 7:30 p.m.)
2/25 – Figures of Eastern Cemetery (Western, 6 p.m.)
2/27 – Louisville’s Scattered African American Communities (Main, 2 p.m.)
2/29 - The Ekphrastic (South Central, 11 a.m.)
2/29 – The African in America (Iroquois, 1 p.m.)
2/29 – Mix Tape Club (Bon Air, 2:30 p.m.)
2/29 – How To Recycle Right (St. Matthews, 2:30 p.m.)
2/29 - Shh... It's a Speakeasy: Party Like It's 1920! (Southwest, 7 p.m)
Library branches host many book discussion groups, including fiction and nonfiction, graphic novels, books in Spanish, and special topics. See all book discussion groups at this link.
To see a complete list of Books & Brews 502 programs, click here.
Feb 17 – 80/20 at Kaelin’s, 1801 Newburg Rd (6-8 p.m.)
Feb 20 – Old Louisville Brewery, 625 W. Magnolia Ave. (6-8 p.m.)